What is a Special Event Permit?
A one day permit (or special event permit) allows an individual to cater beer and wine, or a business to cater beer, wine and/or liquor at a special event, such as tastings, promotions,birthday parties, weddings and more. Special event permits can also allow a business or individual to sell alcohol for concerts, festivals, parades, athletic events and other occasions.
How to Apply for a Special Event Permit
All Event Permits Must be Filed at Least 15 Days Prior to the Event
Our fees to file a permit for you start at only $150.
Prices vary based on type of permit, etc.
Don't Delay, Get Professional Assistance Today
If you want to apply for a special event permit yourself, we wish you well. Go to the SLA web site, download special software, register with the state of NY, download the application and complete it as best you can. Reload the information when the program locks up. Reload the information when the program dumps your data. Then cross your fingers and wait to see if you are approved.
The Alcoholic Beverage Control Law limits the number of Temporary Beer & Wine permits that can be issued for a location to 4 permits during a 12-month period.
Attention: To Avoid Applying for an Incorrect Permit Type Please Review the Terms & Conditions for Each Category
Full Liquor one day permits are only issued to businesses that have an active liquor license. To provide liquor for a special event, the One Day Permit application must be for a business that has an existing liquor license. This type of One Day Permit for businesses with an existing liquor license is known as a Caterers Permit.
Beer & Wine one day permits are issued to applicants that are not currently licensed with the SLA. Individuals can apply for and obtain a One Day Permit to provide beer and wine products. For example, someone could obtain a One Day Permit for beer and wine products so they can serve beer and wine at their birthday party or wedding.
Special Event Online Application Forms
Overwhelmed by Liquor Law Jargon?
Call Us at 1-888-252-2830
Special Event Permits are Subject to the Following Terms & Conditions:
- No person shall sell, deliver or give away or cause or permit or procure to be sold, delivered or given away any alcoholic beverages to any person, actually or apparently under the age of twenty‐one years.
- No child, actually or apparently under the age of 16 years will be admitted to the premises at which event is held unless accompanied by their parent or guardian or by an adult person authorized by its parent or guardian, as provided by of §260.20 of the Penal Law.
- No sale or service of alcoholic beverages shall be made during the hours prohibited by the provisions of §106 (5) of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law or by rule of the county government having jurisdiction in the county in which the event is held.
- No alcoholic beverage may be sold, served or consumed in any area where bingo is played.
- Alcoholic beverages must be purchased from a licensed brewer, winery, or wholesaler ONLY, and not from a retail licensee.
- A separate permit is required for each point of sale for each date. The permit must be on display at the event.
There is An Easier & Quicker Way to Apply for a Special Event Permit in NY State
New York State Liquor Authority Consulting's professional staff of former State Liquor Authority officials have helped hundreds of people get approved for special event permits.
Don't waste time trying to figure out the confusing and complicated rules and regulations for special event permits. Let our experts handle it for you.
We would be pleased to complete any special event permit application for you for a reasonable fee.