Even seemingly minor changes to your business or location may require you to file a NYS liquor license application for alterations. A NYS liquor license application for alterations is required for a wide range of changes to a business that has a liquor license.
You don't need to waste time on trying to become an expert of NYS liquor laws. You also shouldn't handle a NYS liquor license application for alterations on your own, as even what seems like simple questions can be confusing and cause an application to be denied.
Trust the experienced professionals at New York State Liquor Authority Consulting. Our team includes former State Liquor Authority officials. We know what makes the difference between an approved or rejected application.
NYS Liquor License Application for Alterations Requirements
A NYS liquor license application for alterations must include a lot of specific, required legal documents and supporting evidence. All of this must be included in your application in a way that is up to the standards of the State liquor authority.
Some, but not necessarily all, of these NYS liquor license application for alterations requirements include:
- Documentation of the existing layout of your business location,
- Documentation of the proposed layout of your business location,
- Financial documents that prove funding for changes to your business,
- An updated Establishment Questionnaire,
- Supporting documents, including copies of permits, Statement of Completion of Alterations and more,
In addition to the above, depending on what you're looking to change at your business, there may be even more requirements. For example, if you want to add a bar to your location, you'll have to complete a whole other form just for the added bar.
NYS Liquor License Application for Alterations Requirements: Substantial Alterations
Prior to any substantial alterations to a location with a license to serve alcohol, the license holder must apply to the State Liquor Authority for permission to make changes.
Substantial alterations are defined as any of the following, including, but not necessarily limited to:
- adding or moving any door(s) or window(s) on the exterior of a licensed location,
- changes to the interior of a licensed location that alters the character or physical structure of the location,
- any expansion or downsizing to the dining or kitchen area (for organizations that are licensed to serve alcohol on their premises),
- any change to the location or size of a bar where alcohol is served
If you're not sure whether changes to your location would be considered a "substantial alteration," our experienced liquor licensing professionals can help. We have years of experience in helping people fulfill their licensing requirements.
To simplify and streamline the alteration application process,
Call Us at 888-252-2830
NYS Liquor License Application for Alterations Requirements: Minor Alterations
While substantial alterations are defined by specific types of changes to a location with a license to serve alcohol, minor alterations are considered to be any changes to a location that cost less than $10,000.
However, for these changes to be considered a minor alteration, they must also not change the character or physical structure of a licensed location.
Prior to beginning any minor alterations to a licensed location, the license holder must apply to the State Liquor Authority for permission.
Applications for minor alterations must have:
- A description of proposed changes,
- The cost and value of proposed changes,
- Disclosure of the source of funding for changes
The Quick, Easy and Affordable Way to Get Approved for a NYS Liquor License Application for Alterations
However, figuring out exactly how to meet these standards can be confusing and time consuming.
New York State Liquor Authority Consulting can help. We've assisted in the processing of over 6,634 liquor license applications.
When you work with the experienced professionals at New York State Liquor Authority Consulting, you get guaranteed approval* for your NYS liquor license application for alterations.
Contact Us Online Today!