Looking to sell liquor ASAP? A temporary liquor license may be what you're looking for.
A temporary liquor license, also known as a temporary permit, allows new applicants who do not have a current liquor license to serve alcohol for 90 days while their liquor license application waits to be approved.
But applying for a temporary liquor license does you no good if you end up being rejected and having to do the whole process all over again.
New York State Liquor Authority Consulting has helped thousands of people get approved for a liquor license in New York State. We make it fast, simple and affordable.
What Can You Do With a Temporary Liquor License in NY State?
A temporary liquor license allows the license holder to sell liquor for 90 days. Temporary permits or temporary liquor licenses can also be extended in 30 day increments if necessary.
You Can Get Approved for a Temporary Liquor License If You Have a Criminal Record
A criminal record, prior convictions or issues with substance abuse do not automatically disqualify you from getting approved for a temporary liquor license.
However, getting approved for a temporary liquor license does require some extra steps if you have a criminal record or a history of substance abuse.
If you have a criminal record or history of substance abuse, you'll need to complete the temporary liquor license application completely and honestly.
New York State Liquor Authority Consulting has years of experience with helping people with criminal records or substance abuse issues to get approved for a temporary liquor license.
When the proper steps are taken, you can still get approved for a temporary liquor license.
How to Apply for a Temporary Liquor License (Temporary Permits)
If you need to know how to apply for a temporary liquor license, you're looking to sell liquor as soon as you can.
However, the process to apply for a temporary liquor license doesn't make it quick or easy to get approved and start selling. The temporary liquor license application is confusing and very detailed. Even what seems like a straightforward, minor part of an application can cause an application to be rejected by the State Liquor Authority.
A temporary liquor license application also requires a huge amount of supporting documents and evidence, including relevant photos of where you want to sell liquor, copies of contracts, and documents that prove that you're not in violation of existing liquor laws.
Temporary Beer & Wine Permits ‐ Section 97
Authorizes the sale of wine or beer at retail for consumption at a gathering for a period not to exceed 90 days. Such permit shall be valid for a period not to exceed 90 days of the effective date of such permit, except that in no event shall the sale of beer be permitted prior to 12:00 Noon on Sunday or during the hours prohibited by the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law or by rule of the county government in which the event is being held.
This Permit Shall be Subject to the Following Conditions:
- Application must be received by the Liquor Authority a minimum of 15 days prior to the event.
- No alcoholic beverages except beer or wine may be kept or be permitted to be kept or sold on the premises during the period that any permit issued in accordance with this application is in effect.
- No beer or wine may be taken from the premises where said event is held except that at the termination of said event, any beer or wine which shall remain on hand will be removed from said premises by brewer, winery or wholesaler (there is also a federal application for wholesale we can assist you with) from which it was purchased, or by its designated agent.
- Beer may be sold, served or consumed in rooms or areas in which authorized games of chance are held. Applicants must provide a copy of the Racing and Wagering certificate with the application.
- The Alcoholic Beverage Control Law limits the number of Temporary Beer & Wine permits that can be issued for a location to four (4) permits during a 12 month period.
We Make It Fast, Easy and Affordable to Get Approved for a Temporary Liquor License
New York State Liquor Authority Consulting provides professional assistance to help you get approved for a temporary liquor license. Our team includes former State Liquor Authority officials. This means that we know what the State Liquor Authority is looking for in order to approve an application.
You don't have to become an expert on NYS liquor laws to get approved for a temporary liquor license. Our experienced professionals make it fast, easy and affordable to get approved for a temporary liquor license.